If you followed my blog back in 2008 you may remember the coop I built then (see it now, here). I’ve learned a lot more about rough carpentry since then, but overall that coop worked well. I sold it to a friend who still uses it in Chelsea, Quebec today.
This time, I used the same wagon frame from Princess Auto. It happened to be on sale for $240. Add about $100 for lumber and maybe another $20 for hardware and we’re at still under $400 in materials. The roof and sides are going to be used or left over roof steel. I’ve got that started now:
We already have one mobile coop, but this second one will allow me to keep this year and last year’s flock separate for a while and gives all the birds a bit more space.