Middle River Music Fest
August 24, 2019
While the event will include all the makings of a good ol’ fashioned community picnic (think fresh food, kids’ activities, & pie auction), our main focus is the music. The lineup includes some of our most impressive local talent from folk and rock roots.
What do you need to know?
- Doors open at 3pm, First act at 4 pm
- Any proceeds will go directly to The Grace Cafe, a street mission in St. Thomas, Ontario
- Bring your own snacks, a blanket and several water bottles. Refill water stations are available and there will be limited non-alcoholic beverages for purchase.
- Food vendors will be on site as well. Bring cash! It will come in handy for the pie auction, too!
- IN CASE OF RAIN: We will not be postponing the event. Instead, it will move inside our barn!
- Bring a flashlight to get back to your car if you plan on staying til the end
Ain’t no such thing as a party without food!
We think that food also creates unique opportunities to celebrate the land and people it’s connected to. We believe that the same is true about music. There’s definitely no such thing as a party without music, and music can inspire celebration!
Over the past year, we’ve been dreaming up ways to bring more folks together in celebration of the things that make our little corner of Southwestern Ontario so special – the people, place, plants – the sounds, smells, and tastes. So we’ve decided to build a music festival, right here on Common Ground Farm!
On August 24th, 2019 we’d love for you to be part of our celebration.
- Performances are open-air. Dress for the weather and bring a lawn chair or blanket.
- The farm roads are gravel and the event will be happening in a grassy clearing.
- There will be an accessible outhouse for the event, but accessibility on the property is limited. Please contact us about your accessibility concerns.
- Lowlands Fire Food will be supplying wood-fired oven pizza on site.
- Killdeer Food Co. will have gluten-free options and some desserts.
- There will be water stations available to refill your water bottles and limited non-alcoholic drinks for purchase.
- We’re trying to limit waste. Bring your own cups, plates, and cutlery.
- A wash station will be available.
- Pie auction! All proceeds to Grace Cafe in St. Thomas
- This is sure to be a lively but family friendly event. Kids’ activities will be running in the afternoon.
- Farm vegetables and merch will be available (think t-shirts and stickers!).
we need volunteers!
To make the magic happen, this event is going to need support from the community. If you like music+food+community, please get in touch with us! We’d love to have you help out!